Buy Symantec Antivirus from SaveOnIt
While most users will know the name “Norton” when it comes to antivirus protection, they may only vaguely recollect the other name that appears on the Norton antivirus box: Symantec. Symantec is a huge software company that provides all manner of software security solutions that cover every kind of device and form of access.
The reason Symantec has been able to dominate the computer protection market (and make no mistake, it very much does dominate that market) is that its solutions have been merely of a higher quality consistently for several decades. For as long as personal computers and networks have been looking for security against outside threats, there’s been Symantec. And for all that time, it has consistently been the best option for users of every sort.
If you’re looking for an antivirus that you know you can trust just by its name: Symantec is the place to start.
A Long History of Computer Protection Success
Of all the major antivirus brands, the oldest and best established is Symantec. This brand is so entrenched in the market; it owns the other brand you’ve probably heard of: Norton.
Symantec came into existence in 1982 with a focus on artificial intelligence. Throughout the ‘80s it grew and diversified. This diversification has led to a far more extensive scope for its programs and software solutions than rival antivirus sellers. In 1990, Symantec merged with Norton, which became its flagship antivirus title. Individual antivirus needs are still covered under the Norton name, although this is only one part of Symantec’s business.
Just how large has Symantec grown in its software presence? The business is now a Fortune 500 company, making it one of the largest businesses, let alone tech businesses, in the country and the world.
Its solutions remain the top choice for individuals, businesses, and networks.
Norton and More
While Norton is the most famous name attached to the Symantec portfolio, it is just one small piece of what Symantec offers regarding software solutions. It is now partial owner (formerly complete owner) of Veritas data management and has acquired all of the following: PC Tools, AppStream, MessageLabs, LiveOffice, Odyssey Software, Blue Coat Systems, and much more.
While many of these companies are not household names, their technological innovations have helped give Symantec a breadth of experience, capabilities, and focuses that are virtually unmatched elsewhere in the software world.
This lends every Symantec product an extra level of security since it is developed from such a vast set of resources. Those resources are why Symantec products are irreplaceable once an individual or business starts using them.
Symantec has far more products available than you might think at first glance. The reason for that is that Symantec doesn’t always package its products under its name. Norton antivirus is, after all, sold under the Norton name first. And that choice is shared by many other Symantec products.
However, Symantec does still sell a significant number of products under the Symantec label. These include many different security-focused products that are available for different focuses. There are small business Symantec products, cloud-focused products, Office 365 security, email security, and much more.
All of these are very effective solutions, the product that really stands out among the Symantec line is Endpoint Security.
Endpoint Security has a very important duty that many more personally-focused antivirus software options neglect: server security. Because of Symantec’s far superior resources to other antivirus companies, Endpoint Security is vastly more powerful with far more expansive protection.
Those who use Endpoint Security will enjoy all of the following:
- A multilayer level of protection against your threats: As threats become more sophisticated, your network needs more sophisticated levels of protection. The way you achieve that is to add layers of protection that provide a near invincible net that threats get caught up in before they can reach your data.
- Fight off ransomware and other business risks: Businesses and business networks have a heightened level of risk for specific threats, among them ransomware. While ransomware does occur for individual users, there’s just less money in it by focusing on small fish. Your network needs to be protected against these more prevalent and more determined threats, which is precisely what Endpoint Security focuses on most.
- Use machine learning to stay ahead of threats: Trying to keep up with the threats out there can seem like an impossible task sometimes. How do you deploy protection when a new threat presents itself every minute of every day? The answer is that you leave it to the machines. Endpoint Security employs advanced machine learning and behavioral analysis to stay ahead of the threats, anticipating every danger before it even exists.
- Scam the scammers: Perhaps the most satisfying tool provided by Endpoint Security is one that allows you to fool those who are trying to scam you. Phishing is the attempt to trick people into revealing information that can then be used against them. Endpoint Security allows you to lure these phishers in by creating decoys that they believe are real. They then reveal their tactics and goals, all while you set the trap once you’ve gained all the information.
- Use hardening to protect any browser or application: Some network antivirus software can be frustrating because it puts limits on what you can protect. Certain programs may be necessary for your business, but your security system can’t do much to remove the vulnerabilities that lurk within them. That’s not the case with Endpoint Security. Endpoint provides hardening for any app or browser, so you can reduce vulnerability for every piece of software you need to use.
- Reduce complexity to reduce risk: Instead of needing to employ multiple security software options to protect your network, Endpoint Security simplifies your system while providing more complete protection. Since Endpoint can handle it all, you can remove other programs, allowing you to manage your security more efficiently and eliminating extra complexity to your server.
- Faster server performance with lightweight protection: Endpoint Security provides a higher level of security than its competitors, all while remaining lightweight enough that it doesn’t slow down your server at all.